HOW TO GET HERE
To reach us, Do set GPS to “Phutakien pier” or “14.281035, 99.000796” only. DO NOT set or search by the hotel name,there is no road access to our floating hotel and will lead you no where.
Easiest and most value of money way to get to us is to book our Package Tour which we guarantee daily departure from Bangkok
By CAR from Bangkok
Driving directions (travel time ~ 3 hours)
- From Phra Pinklao Bridge; take Pin-klao Road for 35 kilometers until reach A2 junction.
- Turn right and follow road signs for Ratchaburi.
- Pass through Nakhon Chaisri and Nakhon Pathom province bypass.
- About 5 kms further from the bypass, take a flyover bridge with a sign for Kanchanaburi Take highway no. A323 to Ban Pong and follow road signs for Kanchanaburi Before reaching Kanchanaburi City, turn Right at Yak Kang Seung junction. (From Kanchanaburi city, following road signs to the Saiyok Noi Waterfall or Sangklaburi.)
- Drive straight around 50 km til passing through Saiyok Noi Waterfalls on your right.
- Continue straight around 8 km. You will see a road sign Phutakien Pier (Resotel pier) on your left.
- Turn left and carefully drive downhill for about 900 m to the pier at the end of the road.
- Then take a long–tail boat from Phutakien Pier (Resotel pier) to The FloatHouse River Kwai resort
Getting here from Kanchanaburi city to Phutakien Pier (Resotel pier)
(Driving travel time ~ 1 hour)
- It is recommended to take a local taxi which could cost around 900 – 1500 baht depending upon your negotiations and perhaps upon the number of passengers and luggage. We believe it is reasonable for the approx. Distance of 60 kms from the city since they will also have to drive back to the town without passengers. They will be able to drop you off right at the pier.
- Alternatively you may take a train to Namtok Station and then grab a local transportation to Phutakien Pier (Resotel pier). The train goes by schedule so you will need to be punctual. After arriving at Namtok station, the local van/ truck drivers will be sitting around the station and will probably approach you to ask where you want to go. The cost per person for the local transport is around 150 baht if it is a joined transfer. If there is no one else on that ride, you will have to rent the whole vehicle and that would cost 600 – 700 baht / vehicle.
- It is very crucial to make sure that they will drop you off at the pier and not at the main road. This must be made clear before taking the ride. The pier is around 2 kms from the main road going downhill to the river. It can be an exhausted walk with your heavy belongings on a hot day. There is no walkway and it could be dangerous while walking down.
Our Complimentary check-in/out joined transfer boats departs from Phutakien Pier (Resotel pier) to The FloatHouse River Kwai EVERY 30 mins DAILY.
Check in: 1 pm – 6 pm Check out: 8am – 12pm (noon)
Out of the above periods Only private boat rental available for 1000 baht/ boat / trip.
Secured parking lot available at PHUTAKIEN PIER (our private pier).
MAP & ADDRESS
The FloatHouse River Kwai Resort floats right on the stunning scenic area of River Kwai amidst lush tropical forest and lofty mountains in Saiyoke district, Kanchanaburi province, Thailand. The FloatHouse River Kwai Resort contrasts the extreme wilderness on its back door with the extraordinary luxury of its interior and River Kwai flowing underneath. This luxury floating resort is indeed a sanctuary and only accessible by boat.
Advantages of the resort’s location is immense. Located in River KwaiNoi – Saiyok, the resort is closed to many popular tourist attractions such as national park, waterfalls, Hellfire Pass, Lawa Cave, Treetop Adventure Park, Mon Village & Temple.
The FloatHouse River Kwai Resort Address
The FloatHouse River Kwai Resort
Resort Addess: 55 Moo 5 Tambol Wangkrajae Amphur Saiyok, Kanchanaburi 70150 Phone : (+66) 84 725 8686 GPS Coordinates at Phutakien Pier (Resotel pier) where will you embark a boat : N 14.281035, E 99.000796
HOTEL TRANSFER OPTION
OUR PRIVATE TRANSFER
OUR HOTEL MANAGED TRANSFERS ARE PROVIDED WITH AN AIR-CON VAN INCL. EXPERIENCED DRIVER. FLEXIBLE PICK UP TIME.
We advise our guests not to choose for public taxis but instead we recommend them to go for our own provided transport opportunities. Advantages will be very flexible pick-up times and reliable, experienced drivers. A trip without any problems along the way is ensured. If you are still not sure about which kind of transport to choose, we kindly ask you to click on the following link where everything will be honestly explained in further detail.
Read this article
PRIVATE TRANSFER RATES
From accommodations in Bangkok (downtown area) to The Float House River Kwai Price: 4,500 baht / van / way From Suvarnabhumi /Don Muang Airport to The Float House River Kwai Price: 4,800 baht / van / way
HOW TO BOOK > After booking a room via our booking system. In the second page under “ENHANCE YOUR STAY”, you will see Private Transfer options where you book the transfer at the same time of the room reservation. Or submit your request to our reservation staff at firstname.lastname@example.org